Missing teeth can be quite bothersome.
Not replacing them can cause a gradual loss of function and can effect a person’s self esteem. Over time missing teeth may also result in*:
- Drifting of adjacent or opposing teeth causing gaps
- Resorption of bone that originally covered the tooth root.
- Severe loss of bone may result in loss of support of the region around the mouth, drooping of the corners of the lips.
- Difficulty in chewing
- Changes in the ‘bite’
- Problems in the jaw joint
- Fracture or Wearing down of remaining teeth
*The occurrence and severity sometimes depends on the number of missing teeth and the length of time the teeth are missing.
There is no right or wrong way of replacing teeth. Different options suit different individuals. Here at High Street Dental Practice we try to understand your needs and circumstances to help YOU decide. Some of the options have been briefly discussed below.